Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review: Stray

This book counts towards the Shifter challenge.




Faythe has had enough of being protected.  She finally - finally - managed to escape her overbearing werecat family to attend grad school.  And now she's been called back to the family ranch, because she is in 'danger.'  Yeah, right; she can handle herself.  But the Pride is as determined to protect Faythe as Faythe is determined to escape them...


Entertainment: ★★★★


Faythe was pretty awesome.  Although the story was pretty action-packed, I'd describe Stray as really more of a character-driven story, since Faythe was the best part of the book.  Anyways, it was exciting, unique, and just plain fun.


Plot: ★★★


I gave it three stars because I felt like it disappeared, at times - put aside in favor of Faythe's relationships and things like that.  But when it did surface, it was excellent.


Characters: ★★★★★


Faythe is in a category of her own... a character I can only describe as princess-badass.  If I could give out ten stars, she would get every one of them.  She was awesome.  She was petty, bitchy, kind, tough, and basically amazing.   The villain(s) were seriously creepy - downright scary at times.  Vincent had some pretty cool characters.


Writing: ★★★


Overall, I liked Vincent's style, but some scenes just didn't flow well for me.  I can't really put it into words but every now and then the writing seemed to sort of stall out.  But overall, it was pretty good.

End Result: four stars.  A good book, definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment