Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review: Shapeshifter's Quest

This book counts towards the Shifter challenge.




Syanthe is a shapeshifter.  She was born the first of a set of twins, and as a result was hidden away from the priests when they came for her younger brother.  So she, alone, out of the entire shapeshifter tribe, doesn't have the deadly tattoos on her cheek that would activate and kill her should she ever try to leave the forest.  As the only one able to leave the forest, she is sent off to find a cure for the mysterious sickness striking down the forest and the shifters....

Entertainment: 

I really don't like writing bad reviews... but I honestly couldn't think of anything I liked about this book.

Plot: 

It was quite simply uninteresting.  The plot was very expected, the romance far too fast and rather cliche, even the ending pretty dull.

Characters: 

Characterization?  What characterization?  Essentially, there was zero.  Also, all of the characters had an odd, stilted way of speaking.  Oh, and they all sounded exactly the same.  I kept forgetting their names every other page.  Let's just say I was massively underwhelmed and leave it at that.

Writing: 

The dialogue was oddly written and read awkwardly, at least for me.  The shapeshifting seemed odd, too.  I don't know what exactly it was about Landon's writing style, but it really didn't appeal to me.  At all.

End Result: two stars.  I was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment