Sunday, November 28, 2010

Life Is Good Award



Thank you so much, Mad Scientist!  Basically, you are amazing, and your blog is absolutely gorgeous.  It's too bad you gave me this award, because otherwise I would have given it to you.

Awardation rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.

Questions!

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

Welllll to be honest, Nova isn't my one hundred percent real name.  So I guess that makes me anonymous.  Yes, I'm happy being anonymous, although if anybody actually cared about this enough to track down my real name I wouldn't really mind either.  I guess I just don't really think it's that important. 

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:

In my freshman year, I decided I wanted to graduate high school in three years instead of four.  I've known several people who graduate college early, but nobody who chose to skip a year of high school.  This idea outraged many adults, who for reasons I don't really understand apparently felt threatened by my attempts to graduate early.  Anyways, I've worked hard, and here I am in my senior year, finishing my third year of high school.  It took a lot of stubborness - probably downright pigheadedness - but I did it.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I see a girl who's mostly happy with life, usually smiling, and (hopefully) going places.  No, make that (definitely) going places.

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?

Honestly, water.  Ice water.  But I assume readers want something at least a little more entertaining than that, so my second-favorite drink is root beer.  The kind that comes in an old-fashioned glass bottle, because it tastes about ten million times better than plastic-bottled stuff.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

I have a couple TV habits: Psych, White Collar, Caprica, and Bones, plus some British shows when I can watch them.  TV's my guilty pleasure.  I like to write, too, everything from blog posts to novels to short stories to poems.  And if I have enough time to myself, I go for a drive.  On the Interstate, windows down, radio up.  That's probably my single favorite thing to do, ever.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I want to travel.  See the world.  Visit every country in the world, backpack, fly, hitchhike, take obnoxious tourist pictures, meet people, eat things that kind of gross me out, everything.  I'd also really like to make a documentary about my travels, because I like documentaries.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I don't really know what I am.  I spend all my time being lazy, reading or writing or goofing off instead of working, and I still get straight A's and most teachers love me.  So the people that are really into studying kind of hate me.  I'm not particularly outgoing, but I'm not at all shy either, especially when it comes to sharing my opinions.  Most people like me, and a lot of them listen to me, but I don't ever really do anything to take advantage of that.  I actually spent a while trying to figure out what sterotype I fit in to answer this question, and eventually gave up.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

It's actually kind of boring: I was sitting around with some of my friends outside, we were drinking Cokes, just talking.  I have no idea at all, actually, why that memory stands out to me, but it's basically one of the happiest moments of my life.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I don't understand this question, exactly.  I write basically all my posts about other people or events.  But that doesn't mean that I'm not sharing my true self.  I suppose it's easy for me to share my true self, because I've never really tried to hide my true self.  But I don't write ego-posts just talking about what I had for lunch, either; I write about books.  So I don't know what to answer here.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Depends majorly on the book and the person.  Overall, I'd probably go with the book, mostly because I'm not a huge talker on the phone - texting or face-to-face is way preferable for me.

My turn to distribute the awards!

Krys, at Bibliopunkk 
Rowena, at The Book Scoop 
Cassandra, at Words On Paper 
Nely, at All About {n} 
Kare, at Epic Book Nerd 
Melissa, at I Swim For Oceans 
Everybody at Teens Read and Write 
Angela, at Reading Angel
Loretta, at Between the Pages
Jami, at YA Addict
Lady Reader and Peep, at Attack of the Book

You are all fabulous.  Enjoy your awards!

3 comments:

  1. It was so much fun learning more about you, and congratulations on receiving this award! You deserve it :)

    Thank you for bestowing it upon me, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great award! Congrats on receiving it and thanks for passing it on. I'll have a post on it within the next few days. ;)

    ReplyDelete