Friday, November 5, 2010

Follow Friday, Blog Hop

    Book Blogger Hop


What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

Since I've just started, I don't have many followers, so I notice when people leave and it does make me sad. But in the end I don't mind too much, because I'd rather have a small number of active followers that actually read my blog than a few hundred followers that never visit.


Have I ever stopped following a blog?  The simple answer is no, because I leave my name on the Google Connect boxy thing.  However, I do stop following blogs in the sense that I stop reading, commenting, etc.  If the blog changes focus, loses momentum, doesn't update often, gets sloppy, or falls prey to any of the other death traps for blogs, I will most likely stop visiting.


Who are your favorite authors?

My all-time number-one favorite author is Scott Westerfeld, no question.  He is quite possibly my idol.  I was hooked on the Uglies trilogy years ago, and since then I've read (and loved) every book he's published.


I also have a lot of other authors I like: John Green, Cassandra Clare, David Levithan, Tamora Pierce, Hilari Bell, and Eoin Colfer are just a few.


Well, that's the blog hop stuff.  Now, hopefully, you'd like to know a little about novapsych!
Here's what's happened lately:
Reviews of Hush, Hush, Magic or Madness and The Dark Divine, as well as Music Monday and Trailer Tuesday.  So that's novapsych! Click around, check it out, and follow if you like what you see! 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you now, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your reviews.

    I haven't read many of your favorite authors, but I do have a few on my wishlist :)

    Have a great weekend! Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and happy hopping day!
    I just found your blog through Parajunkee´s FF and now I´m following you! :)
    I also love my followers and I´m always grateful and excited about comments, but I also know that not everyone can stop by everyday! I also have other obligations except blogging, so I don´t manage to stop by all the blogs I want every day, even though I would really love to!
    By the way, I love Cassandra Clare and David Leviathan! :) I´m also a new follower!
    Anyhoo, have a great weekend!

    Christine
    @ Reading on the Dark Side

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Westerfeld's Uglies series! Also Tamora Pierce's Alanna series is what got me into YA fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who are your favorite authors??

    My favorite authors are:
    Maeve Binchy
    J.K. Rowling
    Stephenie Meyer
    Charlaine Harris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your reviews -- already had to comment on Hush, Hush. I'm a new follower.

    http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here.
    I actually have Hush Hush on my TBR pile amd just gave away a copy because I mysteriously ended up with 2.
    While I am looking forward to reading it I think I will probably be a bit picky like you said you were.

    Best hop along now, will come back to visit soon!

    Chazz
    http://chazzhart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blog Hop Friday!

    Cool site! I'm a new follower!

    I have too many fav authors to name...which is a good thing, I guess. :-D

    Have a great weekend!

    Lisajo85 @ Once Upon A Chapter

    ReplyDelete