Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday

This week, I can't wait to read Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld!




Okay, so, I've loved everything I've ever read by Westerfeld.  He's my favorite author.  So obviously I'm excied about his next book!

It's a sequel to Leviathan, a very good book in its own right.  They're part of a series about another version of the World Wars with a steampunk twist.  The Behemoth description, courtesy of Simon & Schuester: The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker Powers.

Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.
 
Behemoth is set to come out on October 5th.  I know I'll be reading it!  Will you?  And what soon-to-be-published book are you dying to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment