Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review: Grim Tuesday



Arthur survived Monday - barely.  He's ready to get back to a normal existence in his normal world.

But Tuesday isn't about to let him rest.  Grim Tuesday, the second ruler of the mysterious House, is determined not to let Arthur inherit the second Key...

Entertainment: 

Although I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Mister Monday, I still thought it was a fabulous read.

Plot: 

I took away points because, honestly, it was a little predictable.  But it was still entertaining and interesting.

Characters: 

I love Nix's characters - both the ones that carried over from Mister Monday and the new ones introduced in Grim Tuesday.  I like Arthur, both as a protagonist and as a person.  The clever references to the Mariner poem made me laugh, and I am still fascinated with the Will - both parts of it.

Writing: 

I thought the action was written well, the narration was interesting and nicely paced... really I have nothing negative to say.

End Result: four stars.  A good book, definitely worth your time.

1 comment: