Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Character Interview: Eva from My Invented Life

My review of My Invented Life

my+invented+life.jpg

What is your favorite childhood memory?


I had a ballet recital, a pas de deux with a friend. We were both totally nervous right before. Then it got worse. The teacher played the wrong song on the piano, and didn’t notice. After we started a second time, I made a lot of mistakes. I just wanted to run out of the room when the song ended. Instead, I curtsied and stared at the floor, and my little sister Roz began hooting like crazy. I looked up to glare at her, and saw that everyone was clapping. My parents looked so proud, as if I’d given a perfect performance. I’ll never forget the look on their faces.


If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

I’d wish for all the usual things—the end of all war and famine, Arctic ice for the polar bears, and that I could grow taller than my little sister, Roz. The last one’s a joke (pretty much).


My biggest wish, though? That everyone could be themselves without worrying what others think. To thine ownself be true!


And, now that my best friend and I are fighting, I wish I had someone to confide in. It could never be Roz. Her mouth is too big.


That’s more than three. Sorry! 


What do you consider to be the best thing about you?  What do you consider to be the worst?

I look out for my friends, you know? Have their back. On the flip side, I worry too much what everyone thinks about me. The course of true friendship never did run smooth.


What's your favorite thing about your sister?  Your least favorite?

She makes me laugh with her crazy stories and online ouija advice. Even her insults are funny. And if you don’t agree with me, you’re a boil-brained clotpole. I love it when she’s on my side.


But it’s not so fun when we’re on opposite sides. I wish she could be sweeter and more understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment