Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday

On Wishlist Wednesday, I spotlight a few upcoming titles that I'm really excited about reading!  This week's wishlist: Clockwork Angel, by Cassandra Clare.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book 1)

It's part of a prequel series to her Mortal Instruments series.  If you're interested, check it out on her website, http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/works, or here, http://www.amazon.com/Clockwork-Angel-Infernal-Devices-Book/dp/1416975861.

This book is coming out very soon and let me tell you I am very excited for it!  1: I've liked nearly everything I've read by Clare.  Her writing is witty, fun, and exciting; her plots are fast, clever, and so intensely written I can barely put the books down.  2: I loved the Mortal Instrument series.  For me at least it was a pretty interesting take on the whole "shadow world," "urban fiction" type writing.  And I fell in love with the characters from page 1, and I've never stopped considering them some of the coolest characters I've read.  3: Things clockwork and things angel are always cool.  Both things, combined?  I can't wait!

Do you have a soon-to-be-published title you're excited about, or want to discuss this week's Wishlist pick?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment