Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: Matched



Cassia's life is planned out perfectly.  Her future job, her future husband, the number of children she will have, even the type and amount of food she eats at every meal - all carefully measured and controlled by the Society.  That's good, because the Society never makes mistakes; they can keep her happy and healthy for her entire eighty-year prescribed life span.  So when Cassia is Matched with her childhood friend Xander, she's thrilled to know he's her new husband.


Until the screen flashes a different face for a moment before going black.  Ky's face.  And suddenly Cassia isn't so sure about anything.  She isn't sure who she loves, she isn't sure who to trust, and slowly she's losing faith in a Society that won't let her be with the person she chooses.  And this couldn't come at a worse time.  Something, somewhere, is going wrong, and the Society is getting worried.  All too soon, Cassia is going to have to make some impossible choices...


Entertainment: 


I thought the world building was incredible, I liked Cassia okay, I loved Ky, I thought the plot was interesting... overall, it was just a good book.


Plot: 


This is one of a select few romance-centered novels which have a plot I can respect and enjoy.


Characters: 


Cassia was pretty cool, most of the side characters were okay... Ky was fabulous.  I mean, he's sweet, he's handsome, he's an artist... I think I'm a little bit in love with him.


My only real complain is Xander.  He faded to the background in just a few chapters.  He never seemed like a viable corner of the love triangle, just some kind of annoying loose end.  As a character, he wasn't much, and as a love interest he was even less.  I wish he had played a bigger part, or at least been more interesting.


Writing: 


Unique and interesting, that's all I have to say.

End Result: four stars.  A good book, definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment