Thursday, January 20, 2011

Review: I Will Save You

<

Kidd has escaped the group home.  He's sick of drugs and therapy and ready to have a life again.  He gets lucky at the Californian coast, where a kindly retired surfer takes him under his wing and gives him a summer job.  Kidd is just drifting, though, without a real reason to keep living - until he meets Olivia.  She's blond, beautiful, smart, and rich.  Common sense says that they'll never be together, but Kidd can't help but hope otherwise.

Devon is smart, cruel, and suicidal.  He's followed Kidd from the group home, and he's not leaving until he gets exactly what he wants.

Entertainment: ★★★★★

Beautiful.

I read it in three hours and I'm already considering rereading it.

Plot: ★★★★★

I can't really discuss it without bringing up major spoilers, so suffice to say I loved it.  Literally loved it.

Characters: ★★★★

Out of the three main characters, I thought Olivia and Kidd were excellent, but I just couldn't get into Devon, I don't know why.  But Olivia and Kidd easily made up for that, and besides I loved most of the side characters.  Plus, Kidd's narrating voice was excellent.

Writing: ★★★★★

All I can really do is restate what I said about the other categories: I really, really enjoyed I Will Save You.

End Result: five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment